Thursday 25 December 2008

a Happy Christmas from the tropics!

Thursday 25th December 2008

it's weird...Christmas in the tropics for me...will NEVER feel like Christmas - it's like any year i celebrate it in the tropics...i skip Christmas that year, it just doesn't happen, i can't bring myself to celebrate it. i have tried in past years but it just never felt the same. even now, as i am in Singapore for Christmas, with Orchard Road decked up to the nines with decorations...it's like i don't even see them. as someone who grew up spending every Christmas in Ireland...it just cannot be Christmas for me anywhere else! so what am i thinking about today, what makes Christmas for me...champagne and orange juice for breakfast, the smell of the turkey roasting in the oven, heaps of presents piled under the tree, the pop of crackers being pulled, twinkling lights and sparkling decorations, the warm glow of the fire in the hearth, the crisp cold winter air but mostly loved ones...so far away on this day...but so near in my thoughts...my dear family, i miss you all so much that i hope my thoughts can traverse the miles today and be with you. Christmas just ain't the same without all of you. Happy Christmas everyone...

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh my goodness! That is the coolest Christmas tree ever!!!! Looks yummy!