Wednesday 7 October 2009

twin sons of different mothers...

Wednesday 7th October 2009
so, last night i was up in ubud for the opening of an art exhibition at gaya gallery. the exhibition called 'twin sons of different mothers' was by two artists - one balinese and one irish who have come together to share with us this amazing stimulation of the senses through both 2D and 3D installations, sound, scent and music. i was awed by the richness of the colours that greeted me with every blink of the eye and particularly felt so proud to be a woman as the many paintings of the female form danced, paraded, gazed, peeked, flirted and blushed at me from their places on the wall. this one below being my particular favourite...

the show runs from 6th to 30th October so if you are up in the Ubud area you should definitely drop in to take a look. if nothing else, but to feel that you are being given this rare opportunity to catch the tiniest glimpse into the great mystery of women and perhaps come away a little wiser for it and also to share in private moments like a bride dancing as if no-one is watching, someone returning home, two dancers surrounded by the energy and soul of their music...there are many...so many beautiful moments. certainly not to be missed...

1 comment:

Jeni said...

What a beautiful topic to display... I wish I could visit! Thank you for sharing a glimpse into the gallery!! Wonderful paintings. I love and respect art. (my father was a painter and write. - very creative! It's in my blood to love it!