Sunday 4 January 2009

a lucky rub...

Sunday 4th January 2009
so the christmas decorations are down already on the streets of singapore...and very hastily being replaced with chinese new year lanterns, cherry blossoms and chinese characters...chinese new year comes early this year, on January 26th and so, as it is celebrated in a big way in singapore...decorations are very important. anyway, while walking through the chinese new year market at bugis the other day...i spied this happy, chubby buddha for sale and just had to give his rotund belly a rub...for luck of course - not some deranged fetish of rubbing men's stomachs, ok! i hope my little rub will bring me much luck, prosperity and good things in 2009 and if you feel so inclined...please feel free to rub away...there just might be enough luck to go around!

2 comments:

Picnicman said...

I just came across your blog. My family and I are planning to move to Bali in August to attend the Green School. I'll be there from the week of January 18th. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about the recent changes and "being in the minority". Let me know at picnicman73@gmail.com - thanks.

Anonymous said...

passo per caso nel tuo blog
un saluto from Italy, ciao