Saturday 19 September 2015

Wooden wonders at Mertanadi...

So, I am a confirmed knick-knack lover. Luckily, Bali is a great place for people like me. There are hundreds of roadside shops selling all shapes and sizes of trinkets. You can imagine my delight when I discovered this wonderful shop at Jalan Mertanadi. It's called D2 Detail Deco Collection and it is full of wooden wonders. Collections are organised by colour so as you walk through it's like taking a stroll through the rainbow. My new house here is currently ocean-themed, and there were so many perfect things to add to my theme. I got a wooden anchor, lighthouse and fish. Prices are pretty reasonable but you can bargain a bit if you buy a few pieces. I would like to say that I had hours to pick and choose my way through everything, but I have a husband. Anyone who happens to have one of those, knows what that means...toe-tapping, long-sighing, eyes-rolling when I pick up an item I swear I've never seen before but hubby swears I've already looked at twice. So my visit was a tad shorter than I would have liked. Next time I'm going back alone...







No comments: