Saturday 26 July 2008

home, sweet bamboo, home





welcome to my new home! this is where i will be for the next year at least...or maybe longer...who knows? when i arrived on saturday morning and brought here...i couldn't believe my luck...my own perfectly-sized little house complete with kitchen, bathroom with rain shower, chill out area and upstairs sleeping area. love it! it's surrounded by beautiful plants, trees and the best part...it's made completely of bamboo! incredible! what an amazing structure! i'm into my third day here and loving every minute of it. it's so great to be in a place so close to the outdoors and surrounded by growth and the natural environment. the school is amazing...in the next few days i'll be taking photos of some of the many amazing elements within the school and telling you all about them...especially the vortex pool, which is truly mesmerising! meanwhile i am still enjoying settling in and getting to know all my new colleagues and many people who make up the project here that is Green School...

7 comments:

carlikup said...

Hello!
I was adventurously seeking out cupcake blogs, which led me to this incredible one.

You are such an inspiring and brave soul! Such an example!

I am cheering for you on your adventures in Bali and your new life!

Carla

Unknown said...

hi carla, thank you so much for your supportive words...it is an adventure alright. there are about 33 days until the school opens and it seems there is still so much to do...deep breath...

Faery said...

wow wow wow you are so lucky, ;) the Irish luck. Congratulations for your new home (thanks God it has a kitchen) it is awesome, beautiful and made of bamboo, I love it.I am so glad for you.

Unknown said...

thanks faery...definitely lucky for me that there is a kitchen! otherwise i would have cried, cried, cried!

Thistlemoon said...

This is beautiful! Best of luck in your journey! Sounds wonderful!

Meg said...

That's it, I'm jealous!

If you have some time, I would love to talk to you about how you found your job + home! meganlouise at gmail

pom said...

u give me some idea for my inspiration..tqvm