Wednesday 10 September 2008

the best ceramics in town...

Wednesday 10th September 2008




one thing i have always loved (amidst the millions of others!) about here is the ceramics and especially those made by Jenggala Keramik - their designs are beautifully bali-inspired items in rustic colours with motifs such as geckos, frangipani and frogs. a number of years ago, i fell even more in love with their products when i discovered that they had a reject outlet...located along the main street in Sanur, just next to Cafe Batu Jimbar. here they sell items with tiny unnoticeable faults with a 30% discount that makes shopping there far more affordable. the range is excellent and there is enough of the different designs that you can quite easily get a set of plates, bowls, cups, etc. for a reasonable price. i stopped by a few weeks ago and bought a few different plates for photographing food on...i especially wanted the little motifs and the shop didn't fail to disappoint. known as the Goudang Keramik (Ceramic Storeroom) - it is well worth a visit if you are in Sanur, to pick up some pretty dishes to bring back as gifts to those near and dear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are lovely...I have in my bathroom and little bowl with a lid - the lid handle is a gecko - my fave thing to look at every day.
I wish I woulda gotten ones with frangipanis on it...my fave flower!!!

Unknown said...

hey jodycakes, they are absolutely my fav flowers too!

Raúl said...

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario isita el mio y si t gusta deja un comewntario y intercambiamos links

Unknown said...

raul y pablo, thank you for your words that i can just about understand with my spanish that i learnt at school but haven't spoken in a long time!